Up2Us Sports is a coalition of more than 1300 nonprofit organizations that believe in the power of sports to fight childhood obesity, end academic failure, and reduce gang participation. Up2Us Sports provides its coalition members with resources, services, and technical assistance that help them better deliver and expand quality sports-based youth development programming in some of the nation’s most underserved communities. Up2Us Sports’ flagship program is Up2Us Coach, a national coach/mentor program that places, trains, and supports coaches to provide meaningful experiences to youth in a variety of sports programs nationwide. This year, Up2Us Coach will place more than 400 coaches in 150 communities to positively impact 50,000 children and youth.
The Program Manager will serve as the main point of contact for Up2Us Coaches and their programs in the Miami and Tampa area. This person will ensure that Up2Us Coaches and program sites are properly supported and maintain quality services and deliverables. The position is based in Miami and will report to senior regional staff.
- Act as point of contact for Up2Us Coaches and program sites within the Miami and Tampa area
- Monitor compliance of coaches and program sites to ensure consistency with criteria established by funding sources, the Up2Us Sports mission and the Up2Us Coach program
- Maintain records of Up2Us Coaches and program sites in organization’s internal database
- Review applications from program sites requesting to host coaches and prepare recommendations to for allocating coach force
- Deliver orientations for coaches and program sites
- Assist with organizing regional trainings, events, and other special initiatives
- Coordinate activities for coaches and other stakeholders, i.e., National Day of Service, coach trainings, socials etc.
- Conduct site visits, including annual visits to other cities
- Cultivate new relationships with youth sports programs across the region and assist in increasing Up2Us Sports membership
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of three years of experience in a nonprofit or similar organization
- Criminal history background checks to include, National Sex Offender Public Registry, State and FBI checks (the position Is contingent on results)
- Must be able to work on a team, but also be self-motivated
- Experience working with remote teams preferred.
- Significant experience in working with underserved youth
- Understanding and interest in both theory and practice of sports-based youth development
- Experience in collaborating among various stakeholders
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer literacy and well developed technology skills
- Strong connection with the youth sports community preferred
- Experience working with federal and/or state grants preferred, but not required
- Some travel required
- $34,000 - $37,000
- Health, dental and other benefits, including generous leave time
- A dynamic, fun, exciting, and flexible work atmosphere with a team of professionals dedicated to supporting underserved youth through sports
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Michelle Abbs, Regional Director Southeast