Up2Us Sports is dedicated to transforming the lives of our nation's most vulnerable youth by hiring and training coaches who can inspire their success on and off the field. This position will operate out of at our national headquarters in NYC. The Assistant Director of Development conducts and coordinates specialized and ongoing programs to raise funds and cultivate relationships with donors. The position involves broad responsibility for the timely execution of fundraising projects and grant submissions for the department. This is a unique position for a young professional eager to advance in the field of nonprofit fundraising and development. S/he will play a critical role among a team of leaders who are dedicated to the mission of “ensuring all children achieve their potential by having coaches who are trained in positive youth development”.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Grant Management: Maintain a national and regional grants calendar and tracking system with deadlines for LOIs, Applications, Thank You’s, Reports and Stewardship. Set up National Development Department meetings with the CDO, development staff and other staff as needed. Organize Regional Development meetings with regional staff as needed.
- Grant Writing: Write and/or edit grant narratives and compile attachments for submission. Grants include corporate, foundation, and government grants.
- Grant Systems: Manage submissions and reporting of government grants on E-grants and Grants.gov. Ensure that SAM and other federal registrations are up-to-date. Develop competency in “Home Court”—Up2Us Sports’ internal online database management system. Manage timely reporting as needed for corporate and foundation grants.
- Budgeting: Assist in developing and reviewing grant budgets. Ensure that budgets and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Relationship Management: Maintain relationships with key funders to ensure that they are informed of our progress and are invested in our success. Attend webinar and other information sessions and participate in national and regional prospecting. Screen calls, emails and other inquiries for the development department at the national office.
- Board Management: Establish calendar of National Board Meetings in partnership with CEO. Send out board agendas, and take minutes. Monitor receipt of annual board gifts.
- Individual Donors: Coordinate annual appeal letter. Coordinate stock gifts from major donors.
- Gala: Manage invitation list for annual gala. Compile sponsorships and invoice donors. Steward relationships for donations in successive years. Attend gala to coordinate logistics.
- Staff Management: Oversee a Development VISTA to conduct prospecting and research.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to learn and use databases
- Prior experience with government funding and government systems (Grants.gov, E-grants)
- 5 years prior experience in nonprofit development
- Eagerness to learn and excel
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office required
- Salary range is $50,000-55,000 depending on experience
- Health, dental and other benefits, including generous leave time
- Up2Us Sports provides a generous leave policy that includes 10-14 days in addition to the entire holiday period between Christmas and New Years.
- A dynamic, fun, exciting, and flexible work atmosphere with a team of professionals dedicated to supporting underserved youth through sports
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with your salary requirements to: Jodie Knofsky at [email protected]
ABOUT UP2US SPORTS
Established in 2010, Up2Us Sports is a national non-profit dedicated to inspiring youth to achieve their potential by providing them with coaches trained in positive youth development. The organization does this by identifying, training and supporting coaches who bring sports-based youth development to the most underserved communities. Up2Us Sports’ research, training and on-the-ground initiatives empower sports programs across the country to become a united force for meaningful change. To date, Up2Us Sports has reached over 300,000 youth by placing nearly 2,200 coaches in underserved urban communities. For more information, please visit www.up2ussports.org.
Be sure to include the position title in the subject of your message. No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Up2Us Sports is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.