Up2Us Sports is dedicated to transforming the lives of our nation's most vulnerable youth by hiring and training coaches who can inspire their success on and off the field. For more information, please visit www.up2ussports.org.
Up2Us Sports is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to be located in our New York location. This position is responsible for managing Up2Us Sports payroll department and accounts payables. The Payroll Specialist will process the day-to-day payroll activity for New York and all Up2Us Sports Regions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws in both New York and all applicable regions with assistance from HR and Regional Leadership
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves complex, multi-faceted payroll problems and developmental issues with help from the Controller
- Oversees maintenance of payroll records and files including, but not limited to sick time and vacation and other accrued leave
- Reconciles all payroll-related accounts and activities
- Assists with the development and implementation of payroll practices, policies, and procedures
- Ensures the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely
- Reconciles employee payroll discrepancies
- Reviews and verifies payroll data calculations
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions, wage garnishments, and earning verifications
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Performs payroll distribution duties after each pay cycle is complete
- Monitors various payroll entries and payroll reports
- Other duties will include running checks in Accounts Payable of approximately 50 checks per month
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of high volume payroll experience required
- Must have knowledge and experience with CheckpointHR or other similar Payroll System such as ADP Payroll or Paychex
- Versatile computer skills are a must, including knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to critically think and problem solve
- Adapt to fast paced environment and culture where things are constantly changing
- Excellent customer service and telephone etiquette
- Experience with CheckPointHR reporting preferred
Other Necessary Skills:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to focus on details and ensure appropriate follow-up occurs
- Ability to prioritize work utilizing appropriate sense of urgency
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Must be a self-starter who is able to multi-task and work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Must have some knowledge of garnishments, wage and hour laws, payroll rules and regulations and legal compliance practices
- Salary range is $48-53K depending on experience
- Health, dental and other benefits, including generous leave time
- A dynamic, fun, exciting, and flexible work atmosphere with a team of professionals dedicated to supporting underserved youth through sports
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with your salary requirements to: Christine Ruiz, Operations and HR Manager at [email protected].
Be sure to include the position title in the subject of your message. No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Up2Us Sports is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.